My 3 yr old daughter took this pic of me

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Precious Flower

I have been quite overwhelmed lately with facing the possibility of losing my Daisy. There have been days where the tears were too hard to fight back. I was reading in Matthew the other day and praying about Daisy and what might happen to her and God said 2 things to me.

1. He showed me Matthew 10:39 which says, "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

I understand the context and meaning of this verse, but it means more to me than what it is saying. To me it is saying, "Don't hold on tight to the things that you love, but let them go. For My sake. And I will bless you." (a Rachel paraphrase)

2. He reminded me of the story of Abraham and Isaac. Abraham longed for a son. Waited for a son. Was blessed with a son. And then was asked to sacrifice that only son. Wow. And he was willing. But God stepped in and blessed Abraham for his willingness to obey.

But can I do that? Can I say, "Hey, God, take my daughter from me if that is your will, and I will trust in You"?

I can and I do, but some days it's tough. What we have here is only temporary, but it doesn't feel that way.

I find peace in the promises of my Father. I am grateful for His plan and protection and love. I know I can do life as long as I have my King by my side. For now I am focusing on the tremendous blessing Daisy is in our lives, soaking in the miracle that she is, and basking in the moments we have together.


~Thank you, Lord, for this precious flower~

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you every day, my friend. She is a precious flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were faced with losing our daughter Amera, another foster parent gave me this verse and it was something I clung to:


    Philippians 4:6-7
    New International Version (NIV)
    6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

    It was so hard for me to continually relinquish her to God. I would place her in His arms in my mind and then find myself snatching her back. I wanted to let His will be done, but I also tried to control every little thing I could about the situation (that was an illusion as I never did have any control).

    You are doing something amazing by pouring God's love into this precious girl. I will be praying for her and for you as you face the fears that come with this next little while.

    ReplyDelete