My 3 yr old daughter took this pic of me

Monday, September 24, 2012

Computer Desk Reveal

This was the old desk and it worked ok but I couldn't fit the printer on it, so the printer always sat on this rickety end table about to smash on the floor at any moment....



I needed a wider desk and I had one but it had been sitting outside "naturally aging" lol for about 3 months and it was hideous and heavy and had no legs (I threw them out cuz they were SO ugly)...





I spent a whole day just stripping it and it was a LOT of work....


Better but still ugly...




 I envisioned a beautiful medium brown stained desk and ended up turning out like this....


The wood grain is so ugly and it wasn't staining evenly at all.....


I almost gave up and threw it out but then decided to stain the top very dark walnut and paint the bottom white and then distress it.....


 better....but the ends were ugly so I added wood detail......


Starting to like it but it needed legs so I cut 4 from some logs I had in the yard...needs 8.......


Finished the legs and added the doors that I cut the centers out of and added expanded sheet metal to....


I love it. And now the printer can sit on it, too, and I have intentions of putting the computer tower in the right cupboard to free up the desk space.


One more time  - 


before.....


and after :) The end.

3 comments:

  1. Warning about putting the tower in the cupboard... Unless it can vent (i.e., open back to the cuboard) the Hard Drive is likely to overheat. This would be very, very bad. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I'm your newest follower. I found you from The Chaos and The Clutter's Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete